The priesthood is real. It blesses my life, it continues to bless it, as well as the lives of my children. To be able to participate in priesthood ordinances ordained of God, that bring me closer to Him; to enjoy the blessing that come from knowing that my Heavenly Father is in my home daily, as long as we are living worthy of the priesthood blessing brings a peace in my life I know I could get no where else. My testimony of priesthood blessing came at a time in my life when I felt as though I did not need those blessing. In fact I went out of my way to shun them. Every year my dad would use his priesthood to give us school blessings. I was in my second year of college and making choices that kept my spiritually from growing in my testimony of those blessings. When he mentioned to me about school blessings I shied away from the situation. In fact i left to go back to school without mentioning it again and felt a sigh of relief as I drove away. I must admit that was the most difficult few months of my life. The boy in which I had focused all my attention upon was pursuing other directions. i was still involved but not quite as frequently. i was struggling with life direction and was torn between this boy I loved and the choice I knew needed to be made. For his sake, as well as for mine. At my lowest i began to ask myself what made me who i was. I knew, always knew really, that it was the gospel. It was about this time that the thought occurred to me that I had never gotten a blessing. I really don't know why I changed, desire maybe, choices probably, being ready to make the right choices more specifically. I could no longer sit on the fence looking at both pastures. I immediately went to a friend who held the priesthood and got the needed blessing. i don't remember what was said, all i know is that a peace went through my soul that I had not felt for a long time. I had a bounce in my step I hadn't had for some time. I will not say that life was full of joyous times after that blessing, there were some difficulties that lay in my path that I had to deal with to show by my actions that i had made better choices. That is something we deal with on a daily basis, so our testimony will grow with faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. I do know that my testimony of the power of the priesthood was strengthened so much that I have made it my priority to teach my children the importance of it. My son Xander truly understands the peace that comes from having the priesthood and the knowledge that comes in knowing that he can be healed or made to feel better because his dad can give him a blessing. We just gave the kids' their school blessings last night- what a special experience to hear the words of our Heavenly Father come through the mouth of their earthly father. The Priesthood is real! It must be conferred upon a worthy male by someone in authority. In this dispensation it was given to Joseph Smith, Jr and Oliver Cowdry by John the Baptist (Aaronic) and Peter, James and John(Melchizedek). Yes, the prophets of the New Testament because they were the last to have to have the keys to ordain. they recieved those keys from our Savior. No one remained worthy enough to have those keys after they had passed on-which is why the church fell into apostacy. This is Christ's church- the only church with the fullness of His gospel. The fulness being the priesthood power with all the rights to perform in His name. What a blessing we have.
Tuesday, September 1, 2009
week twenty six
The priesthood is real. It blesses my life, it continues to bless it, as well as the lives of my children. To be able to participate in priesthood ordinances ordained of God, that bring me closer to Him; to enjoy the blessing that come from knowing that my Heavenly Father is in my home daily, as long as we are living worthy of the priesthood blessing brings a peace in my life I know I could get no where else. My testimony of priesthood blessing came at a time in my life when I felt as though I did not need those blessing. In fact I went out of my way to shun them. Every year my dad would use his priesthood to give us school blessings. I was in my second year of college and making choices that kept my spiritually from growing in my testimony of those blessings. When he mentioned to me about school blessings I shied away from the situation. In fact i left to go back to school without mentioning it again and felt a sigh of relief as I drove away. I must admit that was the most difficult few months of my life. The boy in which I had focused all my attention upon was pursuing other directions. i was still involved but not quite as frequently. i was struggling with life direction and was torn between this boy I loved and the choice I knew needed to be made. For his sake, as well as for mine. At my lowest i began to ask myself what made me who i was. I knew, always knew really, that it was the gospel. It was about this time that the thought occurred to me that I had never gotten a blessing. I really don't know why I changed, desire maybe, choices probably, being ready to make the right choices more specifically. I could no longer sit on the fence looking at both pastures. I immediately went to a friend who held the priesthood and got the needed blessing. i don't remember what was said, all i know is that a peace went through my soul that I had not felt for a long time. I had a bounce in my step I hadn't had for some time. I will not say that life was full of joyous times after that blessing, there were some difficulties that lay in my path that I had to deal with to show by my actions that i had made better choices. That is something we deal with on a daily basis, so our testimony will grow with faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. I do know that my testimony of the power of the priesthood was strengthened so much that I have made it my priority to teach my children the importance of it. My son Xander truly understands the peace that comes from having the priesthood and the knowledge that comes in knowing that he can be healed or made to feel better because his dad can give him a blessing. We just gave the kids' their school blessings last night- what a special experience to hear the words of our Heavenly Father come through the mouth of their earthly father. The Priesthood is real! It must be conferred upon a worthy male by someone in authority. In this dispensation it was given to Joseph Smith, Jr and Oliver Cowdry by John the Baptist (Aaronic) and Peter, James and John(Melchizedek). Yes, the prophets of the New Testament because they were the last to have to have the keys to ordain. they recieved those keys from our Savior. No one remained worthy enough to have those keys after they had passed on-which is why the church fell into apostacy. This is Christ's church- the only church with the fullness of His gospel. The fulness being the priesthood power with all the rights to perform in His name. What a blessing we have.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment