Tuesday, September 1, 2009

week 24

This lesson is dear to my heart because I love to obtain knowledge, secular and gospel related. Recently I was able to go back to school and continue my education,
ultimately resulting in my Associates Degree and in the future my Bachelors Degree. the thrill that comes from obtaining bits of knowledge is a high that can't be described. In fact, don't even try to explain it to youth because honestly it comes from desire and doing. Over the years I have found that I love to read, write, study, learn and share. Heavenly Father doesn't want us to stop learning. He wants us to do whatever we can in whatever situation we are in, to continue our search for knowledge. Knowledge is the only thing we can take with us into the next life. Right now my time is to be a mom and while I would love to be going to school to pursue my next course in literature, my priority is my children and their education. In the meantime I am doing what I can to further my thinking by reading books, both secular and religious. I am asking questions. I am using the tools i am surrounded by to make myself aware. Sometimes I want people to do my work for me but I find that if I put effort into it I am able to grasp the information more clearly. Right now my education has to do with how I am able to understand my relationship with my children and their different ways of learning and apply that to my relationship with my Heavenly Father and how he sees and knows me on a perfected level. I know that as i continue to make it possible to educate myself on a variety of different subjects and levels that my Heavenly Father will bless me with opportunities to share and glean from others' experiences.

No comments:

Post a Comment