Monday, June 1, 2009

Week 20


The plan of salvation is an integral part of the gospel that I believe we don't ponder enough. At least I know that I haven't. But as I prepared for this lesson I realized that the plan of salvation is everything in gospel- it is the creation, the fall/atonement and the resurrection. It answers in great detail because of modern day revelation and scripture the most asked questions of Where did I come from? why am i here? and Where am I going? i always knew I had the answers to those questions but I didn't connect the plan of salvation as encompassing all of those questions. It is appropriate that this weeks lesson follows the lesson regarding the temple because the temple is the place where, in even greater detail, we come to understand the plan of salvation and how if applies to each individual who has ever lived, lives or ever will live on this earth. We are all son's and daughters of a Heavenly Father who loves us. Before sending us to this earth he layed out the plan and those who accepted it have the opportunity to come to this earth to gain a body. Those who did not were cast out of Heaven and will never recieve a body; Lucifer was their leader. When we came to this earth a veil was drawn over our natural bodies but our spirits inhabit those bodies and as we search, ponder and pray those things that our spirits learned before coming to earth will be brought to our remembrance. We have the opportunity here on earth to act for ourselves, to choose righteousness or evil. there is no middle ground. We will either choose to live the plan or not. As we prove our faithfulness we will be given increased knowledge and our responsibility to take the knowledge and act upon it accordingly. Some may take that knowledge and use it for good and to build up the Kingdom of God, some may take that knowledge and find ways around it, even though they know what they should be doing. Some may take that knowledge and throw it aside, stomp on it and rebel against it. Ultimately we will be judged on how we use that knowledge and to the degree in which we lived it. However, because of the atonement of Jesus christ we can repent and change our hearts. That change is reflected in our actions. We can't just say we believe we have to live it. Because of the resurrection of Jesus christ we will all be resurrected with perfected bodies. Now I know that as I write this there is more to the plan than what I have written. I am just writing as i think and I have probably left out some things. The most important things we must remember is that we are sons and daughters of God. We knew the plan when we came here and we chose to follow it. I know that our Savior, Brother, Jesus Christ was the integral part of that plan and that he atoned for our sins and our heartaches. He knows each and every one of us personally. He understands our pains. I know that because of His atonement each and everyone of us will stand with him, in our resurrected bodies, at the judgement seat to be judged of our actions and our hearts and in His mercy he will take upon Himself those things that we have repented for. That if we have proven ourselves worthy we will be able to enter the gates that lead to the mansions he has prepared for us and we will be able to live with Him and our Heavenly Father for eternity- along with all our other family members with whom we have been sealed by the power of the priesthood. I am so grateful for my knowledge of this plan and how I can continue to search, ponder and pray for more. I love it

No comments:

Post a Comment