
With it being Easter Sunday I really wanted to tie in the lesson with why we celebrate Easter. I try to make sure to teach my kids this instead of just making the holiday about candy, easter eggs and the easter bunny. As I pondered the lesson and the reason for Easter I concluded that "the gathering of Israel" is all dependent upon what our Savior has done for us. There would be no reason for a "gathering" if our Savior did not give his life and atone for our sins. For our lesson I showed the movie "To this end was I born". I began the lesson by explaining the thoughts I have just shared with you. We then watched the 27 minute video. I have seen it before and yet i found again the spirit testifying to my heart and soul of the truthfulness of these events. As I continued to ponder these thoughts throughout the week it occurred to me that the gathering of Israel begins with me. It isn't an event that is going to take place all at one time. It goes along with the "worth of souls" when we share the gospel with ourselves we are gathering and when we gather ourselves unto the Lord or "come unto Him" by our examples we will bring others with us. In the lesson it teaches that the gathering of Israel is not just bring the lost 10 tribes out of obscurity but it is about strengthening through unification. It is about becoming perfected by receiving those ordinances necessary for us to return to live with our Heavenly Father in the Celestial Kingdom. Beginning with Baptism and following through with being sealed to our families. It is imperative for these ordinances to happen so that we can be exalted as we live eternally with our Heavenly Father. Baptism is the gate that leads to eternal life- without baptism we cannot be saved. It is an outward reflection of our inner commitment. Without the atonement and the resurrection eternal life would not be possible. it is our responsibility to strengthen and prepare ourselves so that we can do the same for others. These are the thoughts that occurred to me while preparing and giving the lesson this week.
No comments:
Post a Comment